What is a Content Management System? And why would you need one?
A content management system, or CMS, is a product that allows you to directly control site content without the use of HTML or any other coding. Through content management systems you can create, edit, manage, search and publish online content. From site navigation, to images, to downloadable files to video -- you can manage it all with no programming knowledge.
Advantages of Webits CMS:
Creation and management. Large, dynamic collections of web content can be produced and altered through a simple, intuitive interface.
Low barrier of entry. Anyone with basic MS Word skills can add content to the site without needing an extensive knowledge of internet programming.
Easy and immediate. Rapidly update content and consistently maintaining your site is possible because Webits is located on the same server your website is on; the moment you save your content changes the website will reflect those changes.
- Content Editor. Features includes numerous editing and formatting features such as:
- Spell Check
- Bulleted or numbered lists
- Font type, size and color options
- Bold, italics, underline
- Hyperlink manager with anchor capacity
- Link manager (create hyperlinks or auto-generated emails via link)
- File upload to create link to uploaded document in File Manager
- Tables to organize content by columns and rows
- File Manager. All uploaded files from JPGs to WMVs and Flash to PDFs are stored in the file manger so documents are accessible from any computer, anywhere.
- Image Manager/Editor. You can make image edits directly within the CMS, such as:
- Alter opacity
- Alter border color and width
- HTML access. Easily switch from the text content edit interface to the HTML code interface, allowing you to directly alter formatting via code changes.
Direct control. The ultimate advantage is you control when and where the changes are made. No middleman or delays, improving the speed changes are made to your site while lowering costs of implementing those changes.